Thursday, September 06, 2007

Home Improvement Projects...

I have learned that the first rule of home improvement projects should be "expect the unexpected"! You'd think I would know this after just recently having a siding/painting job increase in cost by $2,500 due to wood that needed repaired. However, I am just too optimistic!

Today, a contractor began the required prep work to re-tile my downstairs bathroom floor. Less than an hour into it, I received a call letting me know that when they removed a cabinet that I wanted removed... there was no tile beneath or behind it! The project nearly spiralled into a demolition of the entire bathroom - including taking down all current tile and replacing the bathtub! So, tonight I was out at Lowe's trying to match a plain, square white tile that I was ensured could not match. Well... who knew ... but, I did find something that I believe will work! Now, here's hoping that they are able to use my "find" to repair the tile that needs repaired without tearing apart my entire bathroom!

My husband also called me today to let me know that he found a guy that could re-sod our front lawn and someone else who could extend our blacktop driveway. I am a bit overwhelmed in house projects right now! And - the house is in great shape ... it is just all of the little decisions that literally cost thousands of dollars! Agh!

I'm trying to hang in there - still no trips down to the elliptical between birthday blahs and now home improvement nightmares!

No comments: