Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A new day

So, this morning was a new day!

I overslept, got to work late... and then, I decided to leave early. I had been invited to attend a brainstorming session at my church regarding membership. It was an enlightening discussion, and it felt great to have my opinion valued by so many. I am making an effort to volunteer and spend more time at the church.

Just from my few hours there today, I can already feel a huge difference in my attitude. I was feeling grumpy at work and just walking into the building at church made my spirit lift. Now that I have a new spring to my step (literally with my Nike Shox), I am off to the gym.

This is the first time this week that I have felt the motivation to work out. Tonight, I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to sweat out the frustrations of the week - and even catch up on some good reading while on the elliptical machine. So, I'm off to continue my day of spiritual improvement.

ps - I also received The Power of Full Engagement today, so I am excited about breaking into it. Perhaps it will be post-worthy in the future.

No comments: