Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

I am so very excited that the holidays are finally arriving! I have been almost giddy all week - and not just because I only have to work 3 days. I am just thrilled that the Season has officially begun!

It begins with Thanksgiving... and what a wonderful beginning. As we enter into the holiday season, I think this is a perfect time to reflect on the year and count our blessings. I don't know why I need a special holiday to help me realize that I am very blessed, but each year it tends to be a not-so-gentle reminder. This year, I have so much for which to be thankful. If I were to begin recounting each thing, I would more than fill up a blog page.

For me, Thanksgiving is also a time to realize how much I love, miss and need my family. I only live 2.5 hours from them - but, have started to see them only on major holidays (about 4x per year). Last year, I made a resolution (after the holidays) to see them once a month - but, as is the case with most resolutions, this fizzled by March. I know that it will all come rushing back tomorrow when I sit at my grandmother's table with my family. I can't wait to spend the day with them - eating, playing games, catching up - and just enjoying each other's company.

In a nutshell, I am so very thankful for my family. I just wish it didn't take the holidays to pull me out of my busy life and let me stop and realize how great they really are.

No comments: