Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The List

I am a list maker. I've always been a list maker. I think I will always be a list maker. In short, I LOVE lists.

So, when it comes to the "to do" list around the house - I am clearly the owner of the "to do" list making... however, I am very good at delegation. My husband has come to embrace the list, however, lately I may be getting out of hand.

In addition to the usual chores on the "to do" list, I have expanded the list to include household projects. These projects range in complexity from "rearrange the den" to "re-do the bathroom". Needless to say, my lists are becoming a little overwhelming. In my mind, lists are a way to organize my thoughts, hopes, plans, resolutions, dreams, etc. In his mind, lists are to be checked off and accomplished within a finite time period.

So, today, I am in the process of prioritizing my lists. I must decide which items are "to plan for" vs. which are actual "to do's". As you may guess, this leads into the dreaded budget discussions that are necessary evils that typically end with me feeling bad that I don't make millions.

Perhaps when I finally get my lists in order I can post them. This way, perhaps I will have more accountability for those my plans and "to do's".

No comments: