Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back to work & more

So, the progress against my goals to date has been
1. Making dinner with Jeff tonight; and
2. Scheduling happy hour tomorrow with a group of gals to catch up

So far, so good... and, if I get really ambitious, I may try out that elliptical before bed!

As I was trudging through my workday today, I had to remind myself that when I left there, my evening was my own! It was very exhilirating. Perhaps one of the best parts that I kept remembering was the ability to come home to my sweet labrador! When I was going straight to school until 9:45pm, I didn't get to see much of Nash! Now, it is so nice to be welcomed home by the yellow monster. He is so very happy to see me. It is such a wonderful feeling to come home to a lab!

On another note, I've been struggling with something. The leader of my Bible study group has taken a job out of state to be closer to her family. She initiated the wonderful study group, full of wonderful women from P&G, that has been my only "small group" of christian women since moving to Cincinnati. It is a fantastic group and I was bummed to hear that she was leaving, thinking that the group would dissolve. While I was on vacation, she sent me an email asking me to be thinking and praying about taking leadership of the group. I am still in a bit of shock - and have enrolled Jeff to help pray about this. It feels like such a huge step (although I've co-led a couples' Bible study in the past with Jeff) and HUGE shoes to fill (the current leader is wonderful!). So - I'm praying through it.

As far as studies go, Jeff and I are planning to re-join the group that we had to leave in December of last year. We were leading the group and our schedules were getting out of hand with his travel and my school... we were really bummed to let it go, and have really missed it. Although the group has evolved since we left with the loss of old members and the addition of new ones, Jeff and I are really excited to get back involved with a couples' Bible study again! I have found that small groups are a great way to connect with other folks - and even with each other. Reading a Bible study together provides a great topic for communication. So, I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday!

No comments: