Sunday, August 26, 2007

A great weekend

This weekend served as a great time to relax and finish my "re-boot"! Tomorrow I am planning to be up early to establish a new "routine" now that I don't have to worry about the school/work mix. While I was in school, I was also working from my home office every Monday. Now, I am planning to actually join my team meetings in-person vs. via conference call. I'm hoping that it will be a good change for me to really connect with the teams I am leading. There has been a lot of change with projects at work (which are all on very tight timing) - so, I think it will be good to be there and feel like I'm really part of the team as we battle through obstacles.

Today, one of the ladies in my Bible study hosted us in her home because she has a 3-week old baby! He is absolutely adorable - and was sooo good. I was afraid to hold him though - he is soo little and fragile looking! I still can't get over fear of babies. Maybe some day...

And, I made key lime pie for the first time this weekend. Well... I actually made it twice. For the first go, I followed a recipe (from my favorite recipe book) that called for meringue on the top. It looked great - but I was concerned about the texture of the meringue when I took it out of the oven... I wasn't sure if it was over or under cooked. So, I made Jeff try it. He seemed to really enjoy it - but I still wasn't sold. I decided to make the second one with just home made whipped cream topping. It was excellent, and all of the ladies at my Bible study really enjoyed it!

No comments: