Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've finally done it!

After many long years, I've finally accomplished what it takes most people 4 years to get through. I completed my last undergraduate class last Thursday!

The celebration began with a weekend adventure with Jeff. It was so nice to finally have some time to reconnect with him without worrying about school ... and work! I do admit that I did do a bit of work while out of town, but I was very good about getting my priorities in order. Speaking of priorities, I now have to re-think everything! While in school and working full time, my priorities were focused on being successful at both. Now that I only have work - I'm wondering what I will do with the rest of my time! First and foremost, I'm going to take the time to be a wife again - and a dog mom! Sadly, I have neglected both duties for at least the past 8 months while I focused on finishing school.

So - this begins my list of things to do with my new-found spare time:
  1. Long walks & talks with Jeff & Nash
  2. Cooking & eating dinner together with Jeff
  3. Coffee on Saturday mornings to catch up with friends
  4. Trips home to see my parents & grandparents
  5. Dinner parties -- chez moi!
  6. Lots of reading... books that actually interest me vs. my professors
  7. Re-join a weekly couple's Bible study with Jeff
  8. Finally get to use that elliptical machine I bought in January!
Well, that's all I have for now ... but, I am already pondering the following for long-term plans:
  1. MBA? I know - sounds crazy... but part of me feels like I am already "in the mode" and should just do it while I still have the energy
  2. New Job/Career? I like my current job... but I don't love it. So far my degree has not limited my advancement there. However, I just have to wonder what else may be out there.
  3. Relocate? Jeff has a national job and can live anywhere in the U.S. If the right job were to come up - we would be open to relocating to a new city (despite all of the $$s we've poured into our lovely home)
  4. Kids? This seems very daunting to me - but, something that Jeff and I would eventually like to have around (ps - neither of us have ANY experience around kids)

So, there you have it. I'll let you know how I am progressing against my lists. I'm sure that they will grow as I continue to ponder these questions during all of my new found spare time!

No comments: